You’ve applied and prepared for certification, so now what? It’s time to plan for what to expect on the day you take your exam.
Admission to the exam
Candidates who are scheduled for a Global Communication Certification Council (GCCC) exam should plan for the following:
- Arrive 30 minutes before the exam begins.
- Bring a laptop for the electronic exam delivery (unless the site indicates it is held in a computer lab).
- Don’t bring pens, pencils, pencil cases, food, beverages, notes, textbooks or earplugs. Extra items will be left at the front of the room
- Candidates arriving after the test begins may be refused entry. There is no admittance later than 15 minutes after the scheduled starting time.
- If candidates cannot reach the exam site because of circumstances beyond their control, they should contact the GCCC before the exam begins.
- A candidate who misses an exam should notify the Certification Program Manager within 24 hours of the scheduled finish time to avoid forfeiting a refund.
- If a candidate experiences illness or personal circumstances that would impair performance during the exam, he or she should immediately notify the invigilator on location and their reason will be reviewed at a later time.
Situations that will result in an exam being disqualified include the following:
- When a candidate is required to leave after causing a disturbance
- When a candidate does not accept the exam security agreement terms
- Improper time keeping by the invigilator
- Defective equipment
- Natural disasters and emergencies affecting all candidates
- Invalid ID
- Inconsistent performance across different parts of the test
Taking the exam
On exam day, the invigilator will:
- Inspect admittance documentation to ensure that only authorized persons are admitted.
- Ensure that candidates do not have or use prohibited items on their person during the exam.
- Direct examinees to their assigned seats.
- Assist in the administration of examinations, including assisting with technical issues.
- Maintain the security of examination.
- Distribute, collect and account for examination credentials.
- Observe exam takers while they take the examination.
- Expel any candidates he or she deems has violated exam rules.
Accommodations for special needs are available upon request.
We’ve added additional dates to the exam schedule. Find out when and where your can sit for your exam.