Are you preparing for the Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP) exam? If so, consider adding the IABC Academy’s Learning Path Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP) Refresher to your preparations.
This Learning Path includes three courses that provide a refresher in the areas of advising and leadership, management, and strategy development:
- Management Skills for Communicators
- Strategic Engagement: Engaging Leaders to Engage Others
- How to Add Measurable Value as a Strategic Adviser
Completing this Learning Path provides 12 of the 20 hours of recent training (CEUs) required to apply for the SCMP program.
Taking Management Skills for Communicators will help you:
- Develop personal power to increase your influence among peers and senior leaders, including a way to present recommendations to management in a way that makes it more likely that they follow your advice.
- Work through conflicts, using practical tips for negotiation and breaking through a seeming impasse.
- Better manage your team of communicators—from techniques for more effective delegation to knowing when to coach and when to counsel.
After taking Strategic Engagement: Engaging Leaders to Engage Others, you’ll be able to:
- Identify and describe the primary influencers of employee engagement.
- Determine the measurable objectives that rationalize employee engagement initiatives.
- Recognize and address the obstacles to launching a successful initiative.
- Communicate the critical role of leadership communication in the engagement process.
In How to Add Measurable Value as a Strategic Adviser, you’ll learn to:
- Use the fundamentals of consulting to shift your role from producing activities to generating business results.
- Tightly connect the communication strategy to the business strategy in order to drive results that matter.
- Add real, measurable value by creating results that are greater than the cost of generating those results.
- Create immense support from business leaders who will want your services to make them look good.
Please note that the Global Communication Certification Council (GCCC) is an autonomous organization, separate from IABC. Completion of this IABC Academy Learning Path does not guarantee a passing score on the exam.Now is the time to invest in yourself and your career. Find out more on how you can prepare for the the SCMP exam by reviewing the handbook and FAQs. Also check the exam schedule regularly, as new dates are added frequently. Don’t see a convenient location? Check with your local chapter about hosting an exam.
Next week’s blog, learn more on how you can prepare for the Certified Management Professional (CMP) exam.