Last week we discussed resources to assist you with preparing for the Strategic Communication Professional (SCMP) exam offered by the Global Communication Certification Council (GCCC). There are also resources available to help you prepare for the Communication Management Professional (CMP) exam.
Sitting for the CMP exam gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise, but first you’ll need to prepare for the exam. This five-course bundle from the IABC Academy has you covered.
This Learning Path includes the following five IABC Academy courses:
- Strategic Communication Planning. Learn how to implement a strategic communication planning model that will allow you to achieve a consistent, higher level of excellence in your day-to-day communication tasks. For those of you with some experience in planning, this course will serve as a refresher and will likely present a new approach or two to your strategic process. If you have little experience in strategic planning, this course will offer a practical strategic planning process and model.
- The Communication Audit. This course is part of the Communication Measurement category of the IABC Academy learning modules. These courses foster communicators’ understanding and skill development in the use of clear qualitative and quantitative ways to measure the impact of communication strategies and activities against business needs, goals and objectives.
- Practical Ways to Build Research into Employee Communication. In this course, you will learn of a variety of easy and free ways to build evaluation techniques into your normal workday, as well as more sophisticated approaches when the situation calls for them. You’ll learn how to build measurement into your plans up front, employ ways to measure messages, channels and outcomes, and make the best use of focus groups and surveys when needed.
- A Communicator’s Role in Embedding a Values Based Culture. Learn what it means to have a values-based culture and how you can use your influence and skills to help your organization embed values into “the way we do things around here.” This course will help you to discover and explore some of the ways that can make the difference between saying and being.
- How to Add Measurable Value as a Strategic Adviser. Many communication practitioners want to add measurable value, but they don’t know where to start. Using client stories, this interactive presentation offers a step-by-step approach to becoming a strategic adviser who helps drive measurable business results and value by connecting the communication strategy to the business strategy.
If you’re interested in applying for the GCCC’s Communication Management Professional (CMP) certification, completing this Learning Path provides 20 hours (CEUs) of recent training, which is half of the 40 hours required to sit for the exam. Get started with your exam preparations today!
Please note that the Global Communication Certification Council (GCCC) is an autonomous organization, separate from IABC. Completion of this IABC Academy Learning Path does not guarantee a passing score on the exam.