Are you planning your schedule for 2018? Consider giving back to your peers and the next generation of communication professionals by hosting a certification exam in your city.
The Global Communication Certification Council (GCCC) currently offers two levels of certification:
Communication Management Professional (CMP)—For generalists, specialists and other business communicators established in their careers as managers and looking to demonstrate their competence.
Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP)—For highly skilled business communicators practiced in providing strategic communication advice and counseling to an organization’s leadership.
As a host of the CMP or SCMP certification exam, you should expect to:
- Inspect admittance documentation to ensure that only authorized persons are admitted.
- Ensure that candidates do not have or use prohibited items during the exam.
- Direct exam takers to their assigned seats.
- Assist in the administration of examinations, including assisting with technical issues.
- Distribute, collect and account for examination credentials.
- Observe exam takers while they take the examination.
- Expel any candidates you deem have violated exam rules.
There are currently four confirmed exam dates in 2018, but the schedule is continually updated. Give back to the communication field and your local chapter by hosting an exam in your area. Send your requested date and location to host to email@example.com.