We know what you’re thinking: This seems like a huge time commitment. What if I don’t pass? I don’t have the time to prepare right now…
Getting a certification is definitely a time commitment, but it’s also an investment—an investment in yourself and your future.
Is the commitment and work that goes into it worth it to you? Consider these benefits and decide whether or not earning a certification is right for you.
Getting a communication certification could:
- Differentiate yourself from the competition for that interview or new opportunity.
- Provide you and possibly your department with new tools and skills you’ll learn and develop when preparing for the exam.
- Make you an adviser or an even better, well-equipped mentor.
- Establish you as a continuous learner to your peers, employer and potential employers.
- Give you a better understanding of effective tools and skill sets for yourself and others.
You don’t have to make a decision right now or even today. Make sure the timing is right, but you could start doing your research. There are two levels of communication certification offered by the Global Communication Certification Council (GCCC). Decide which level is the best fit for you and where you are in your career.